Naperville Kids Marathon
Join us for the 2017 Naperville Kids Marathon!
Saturday, October 21, 3 p.m.
Naperville North High School
Registration Opens on Monday, March 6th!
Stay tuned for information about the 2017 race and pricing.
A Summer Fitness Program for Kids 5-13
Walk or run 1 mile on your own with adult supervision 25 times over the summer. Record your mileage and color in our mileage log sheets (coming soon). Then, on Race Day, pick up your race bib and race shirt, and run your final 1.2 miles with hundreds of other kids. All kids will receive a medal after they finish their final 1.2 miles on Saturday, October 21!
The Kids Marathon will start and finish in the football stadium at Naperville North High School, 899 N. Mill St. The race will start promptly at 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 21.
Kids Marathon Mileage Tracker
The 2017 Naperville Kids Marathon Mileage Tracker is COMING SOON!
Race Day Information
Download a Kids Marathon Site Plan and Guide here.
Parking: Parking is available at Naperville North High School. Please arrive early to avoid long lines. Please fill spaces located in the front of the school first (Ogden Avenue and Mill St).
Packet Pickup: COMING SOON!
Bibs: Each child and one parent will receive a runner bib. ONLY bibbed children and parents will be allowed within the fence race area. All others must proceed to the spectator area.
Spectators: Spectators must be outside of the fenced track area OR in the stands to view their runner.
Race: The race will start promptly at 3 p.m. Runners MUST stay on the track. Please do not run on the football field. Runners will be led on their 1.2 mile run. Course Marshals will be on the course to help guide runners.
- Kids may run the course unaccompanied. We will have course marshals along the entire route.
- One bibbed parent or guardian IS permitted to enter the starting corral, run the 1.2 miles and cross the finish line with Naperville Kids Marathon Participants.
- If a family member runs with their child during the race, they MUST COMPLETE the entire 1.2 mile course and cross the finish line.
- Our course marshals must ensure ALL participants stay on the course for safety.
- No strollers are allowed on the course to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Only bibbed participants will receive an official Finisher’s Medal.
- Kids are encouraged to wear the Naperville Kids Marathon Race Shirt that they received at packet pickup in the race.
Sponsored by Edward-Elmhurst Health, the Healthy Driven Naperville Marathon & Half Marathon draws participants from across the globe to Naperville’s lively downtown, historic sights and beautiful neighborhoods. The event has established itself as one of the premier endurance events in the Midwest and Naperville as a destination for running enthusiasts. Runners – from beginners to Boston hopefuls – will delight in the kinetic atmosphere and well-managed course, made possible by extensive volunteer and spectator support.