Naperville Kids Marathon
Join us for the 2017 Naperville Kids Marathon!
Saturday, October 21, 3 p.m.
Naperville North High School
2017 Registration is CLOSED!
Learn more about 2017 registration and pricing.
A Summer Fitness Program for Kids 5-13
Walk or run 1 mile on your own with adult supervision 25 times over the summer. Record your mileage and color in our mileage log sheets. Then, on Race Day, pick up your race bib and race shirt, and run your final 1.2 miles with hundreds of other kids. All kids will receive a medal after they finish their final 1.2 miles on Saturday, October 21!
The Kids Marathon will start and finish in the football stadium at Naperville North High School, 899 N. Mill St. The race will start promptly at 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 21.
Team IPEF and Team NEF parents may have special packet pickup arrangements. Please stay tuned for instructions from your team.
General registration parents can pick up their child’s race packet (race bib and race shirt) as shown below at the following locations:
Fort Hill Fitness Center, 20 Fort Hill Dr, Naperville.
- Friday, October 20, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 21, 10:00 a.m. to 11:59 a.m.
Naperville Kids Marathon Race Village at the Naperville North High School track, located at 899 N. Mill St., Naperville
- Saturday, October 21, 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
It is highly recommended that runners pick up the race packet during Packet Pickup hours at the Fort Hill Fitness Center to avoid being rushed before the race. Your kids will enjoy the excitement of experiencing what happens before a big race!
Race Day Information
Download a Kids Marathon Site Plan and Guide here.
Parking: Parking is available at Naperville North High School. Please arrive early to avoid long lines. Please fill spaces located in the front of the school first (Ogden Avenue and Mill St).
Bibs: Each child and one parent will receive a runner bib. ONLY bibbed children and parents will be allowed within the fence race area. All others must proceed to the spectator area.
Spectators: Spectators must be outside of the fenced track area OR in the stands to view their runner.
Race: The race will start promptly at 3 p.m. Runners MUST stay on the track. Please do not run on the football field. Runners will be led on their 1.2 mile run. Course Marshals will be on the course to help guide runners.
Medals: Medals will be awarded to bibbed Kids Marathoners only. Bibbed parents will not be awarded medals.
- Kids may run the course unaccompanied. We will have course marshals along the entire route.
- One bibbed parent or guardian IS permitted to enter the starting corral, run the 1.2 miles and cross the finish line with Naperville Kids Marathon Participants.
- If a family member runs with their child during the race, they MUST COMPLETE the entire 1.2 mile course and cross the finish line.
- Our course marshals must ensure ALL participants stay on the course for safety.
- No strollers are allowed on the course to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Only bibbed participants will receive an official Finisher’s Medal.
- Kids are encouraged to wear the Naperville Kids Marathon Race Shirt that they received at packet pickup in the race.
Kids Marathon Mileage Tracker
Download the 2017 Naperville Kids Marathon Mileage Tracker to keep track of your progress!
Sponsored by Edward-Elmhurst Health, the Healthy Driven Naperville Marathon & Half Marathon draws participants from across the globe to Naperville’s lively downtown, historic sights and beautiful neighborhoods. The event has established itself as one of the premier endurance events in the Midwest and Naperville as a destination for running enthusiasts. Runners – from beginners to Boston hopefuls – will delight in the kinetic atmosphere and well-managed course, made possible by extensive volunteer and spectator support.