Naperville Kids Marathon
October 16, 2021, 3 p.m.
Neuqua Valley High School Football Stadium
A Summer Fitness Program for Kids 4-14
Walk or run 1 mile on your own with adult supervision 25 times over the summer. Record your mileage and color in our mileage log sheets. Then, on Race Day, pick up your race bib and race shirt, and run or walk your final 1.2 miles with hundreds of other kids. All kids will receive a medal after they finish their final 1.2 miles on race day!
Kids Marathon Mileage Tracker
Download the Naperville Kids Marathon Mileage Tracker to keep track of your progress!
- COMING SOON! (PDF)
The Kids Marathon will start and finish at the football stadium at Neuqua Valley High School.
General registration and Team IPEF parents can pick up their child’s race packet (race bib and race shirt) as shown below at the following locations:
Naperville Kids Marathon Race Village at Neuqua Valley High School
- TBD in 2021
It is highly recommended that runners pick up the race packet during Packet Pickup hours at the Fort Hill Fitness Center to avoid being rushed before the race. Your kids will enjoy the excitement of experiencing what happens before a big race!
Race Day Information
Kids Marathon Site Plan
Parking: Parking is available at Neuqua Valley High School.
Bibs: Each child and one parent will receive a runner bib. ONLY bibbed children and parents will be allowed within the fence race area. All others must proceed to the spectator area.
Spectators: Spectators must be outside of the fenced track area OR in the stands to view their runner.
Race: The race will start promptly at 3 p.m. Runners MUST stay on the track. Please do not run on the football field. Runners will be led on their 1.2 mile run. Course Marshals will be on the course to help guide runners.
Medals: Medals will be awarded to bibbed Kids Marathoners only. Bibbed parents will not be awarded medals.
- Kids may run the course unaccompanied. We will have course marshals along the entire route.
- One bibbed parent or guardian IS permitted to enter the starting corral, run the 1.2 miles and cross the finish line with Naperville Kids Marathon Participants.
- If a family member runs with their child during the race, they MUST COMPLETE the entire 1.2 mile course and cross the finish line.
- Our course marshals must ensure ALL participants stay on the course for safety.
- No strollers are allowed on the course to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Only bibbed participants will receive an official Finisher’s Medal.
- Kids are encouraged to wear the Naperville Kids Marathon Race Shirt that they received at packet pickup in the race.
Sponsored by Edward-Elmhurst Health, the Healthy Driven Naperville Half Marathon & 5K draws participants to Naperville’s lively downtown, historic sights and beautiful neighborhoods. Runners will delight in the kinetic atmosphere and well-managed course, made possible by extensive volunteer and spectator support.